HELP ON SET UP PLEASE

Post any modifications that you have to get your drivetrain and gearing setup get the most angle out of your chassis.
evlrabbit07
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Xray T3 clone.

HELP ON SET UP PLEASE

Postby evlrabbit07 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:18 am

I have a xray t3 and I wana make it counter steer but I dont know what rear axle to get. I dont know what would fit so i can put a smaller diff gear on it.
anyone know what solid axle will fit in there??
any help would be awesome.
Thank you

Carr
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DRB SSG 80%, Yokomo MR4-TC BD 67%

Re: HELP ON SET UP PLEASE

Postby Carr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 am

I helped a friend CS his T3 2010 a couple of weeks ago, not the easiest thing to do but we ended up getting around 1.4 with the parts on hand. We used a 40t yokomo pulley on the front which had to be modified a bit to fit his one-way, we also had to space up the bulkheads so it cleared the chassis (you could also cut the chassis for clearance). For the front centre pulley we used a plastic colt 15t pulley which was ground down to almost half its size and put a slot in it to fit over the pin on the shaft. Add a belt tensioner and you are on the way, we used a servo mount with pulley but if you don't have one then you can just use bearings on a screw.

Xray also make a 34t pulley that you could use on the rear but not sure what belt you can use. We tried TRF415, T2 and Yoko BD and were all too big. There is no room to add a bigger centre pulley for the rear without cutting the top deck, but I guess you already know that.
Yokomo DRB SSG Hyper - 100% CS - Yokomo BL-Pro2 + Zero 8.5t - Yokomo Low Profile
Yokomo MR4-TC BD - 132% CS (pending new belt) - Novak Slydr 6.5t - Hitec
HPI Pro-D - 83% CS - eZrun 9T - Bluebird - FSC (semi retired)

evlrabbit07
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby evlrabbit07 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:24 pm

I see I was looking at a solid rear axle form a tamiya ta05 and it seams to be the same dimensions if that fits then I could use a smaller pulley in the rear for more cs% but im still trying to figure out if it will fit.

evlrabbit07
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby evlrabbit07 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:24 pm

I see I was looking at a solid rear axle form a tamiya ta05 and it seams to be the same dimensions if that fits then I could use a smaller pulley in the rear for more cs% but im still trying to figure out if it will fit.

Return to “Drivetrain/ Gearing”