explain counter steer gearing

Post any modifications that you have to get your drivetrain and gearing setup get the most angle out of your chassis.
2283kdogg
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: top photon

explain counter steer gearing

Postby 2283kdogg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

i have a mst and it came with other gaers for the front..a 13 12 11t i believe..i tried the 13t with a 40 in the back and it was a bit tougher for me to control my drift so i put back the 36t to 18t .
the rear is also 36t to 18t.

what is the purpose for there smaller gears and how does this help???

thank you.

jp0160
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Sakura D3 CS Sport

Re: explain counter steer gearing

Postby jp0160 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

The smaller and larger gears are used to make the front or rear (depending on where the gear is installed) to spin faster or slower than the other. Countersteer is just the name of this style of rc drifting, making the rear axle spin faster than the front, forcing you to countersteer like a real vehicle. If you drift a normal 4wd car with 50/50 front/rear power distribution, you'll notice it's hard to countersteer without straightening out. With a countersteer car you have to be much more patient and keep the rear end from spinning out all the time.

Hope that helps! I'm no expert but it's a simple concept once understood. It's not meant to be easier ;)

2283kdogg
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: top photon

Re: explain counter steer gearing

Postby 2283kdogg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:43 am

jp0160 wrote:The smaller and larger gears are used to make the front or rear (depending on where the gear is installed) to spin faster or slower than the other. Countersteer is just the name of this style of rc drifting, making the rear axle spin faster than the front, forcing you to countersteer like a real vehicle. If you drift a normal 4wd car with 50/50 front/rear power distribution, you'll notice it's hard to countersteer without straightening out. With a countersteer car you have to be much more patient and keep the rear end from spinning out all the time.

Hope that helps! I'm no expert but it's a simple concept once understood. It's not meant to be easier ;)

understood..thanks man.

Return to “Drivetrain/ Gearing”