Tamiya 240z

Post all of your RC Drifting bodies here.
gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Yokomo mr-4tc, DIB, DRB

Tamiya 240z

Postby gerakatom » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Tamiya 240z. Pactra clear red w/ silver base. Speed way pal overfenders. Speed way pal Pana wheels 10mm rear, 7mm front wrapped in Vertex 02 tires (best tires ever!!!!). ABC mirrors. Pretty basic build. Just looks nice from the color. This will be a runner, not a shelf queen.

BVRacingOO7
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DRB HD, HB TCFD, TB EVO IV, HPI PRO4 RS4 3

Re: Tamiya 240z

Postby BVRacingOO7 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Very Clean. Looks like a local train is missing an overhead ring. That's funny, I was planning on placing one on the oh S*** handle on my next body.

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:35 am

i put them on all my bodies. i got a bag of 100 of the o-rings for like $7. hey, im gonna be living near yokosuka no later than january 2015. planning on becoming a regular at the most local track to wherever we end up. any pointers always appreciated.

BVRacingOO7
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby BVRacingOO7 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:51 pm

That would be awesome if you make it out here. Due to the nature of our work, a lot of the buddies have transferred out. There are a couple of out door/on road tracks a nearby accesible by car. But the owners won't allow drifting. I posted few pics and directions on our FB page. Depending on how you get there, WARU ciruit and Yokohama Drift Park is within an hour away. If you get here earlier, Yokomo Drift World Cup will happen 14-15 Dec 2013 at Yatabe Arena. That's about 3 hours away (doing the speed limit).

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:33 am

ill be relying on trains. driving a car is something im planning on putting behind me once i leave the states. ive been a commercial driver most my life and im fed up with being behind the wheel.
yokohama drift park is prolly the first location ill be scoping out. i love vertex products. and their hours will fit any schedule i end up with.
i plan on living there the rest of my life so ill have plenty of chances for yokomo world cup. that sounds awesome. ive seen vids of it.
cool. well, ill hit you up on fb or here or whatever once im there. maybe we can meet up somewhere. honestly im a bit nervous about being a foreigner and just walking in and drifting with the pros. lol

BVRacingOO7
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby BVRacingOO7 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm

gerakatom -
Have you hit Vertex-RC yet in Yokohama? One of our buddies made a visit there and bought some hop ups. He said the staff was really friendly and offered plenty of set up advice.

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:47 am

actually yeah. i was there in november. i was actually on the hunt for those rod adjusters but they hadnt been released yet. we rolled in early on our way to catch a shinkansen and the guy working was super cool. it was a short trip and i didnt have time to play otherwise i woulda brought a chassis. i was also bringing a load of stuff to leave for the move next year so i didnt really have room in my luggage for it. i was kind of disappointed in the track though. just an L shape. i like circular curved tracks. i was hoping that would end up being my regular track cause i love their products, but i dont think thats gonna happen. the DIB is looking good. maybe we can get some DIB track time together. ive only driven mine twice. im forced to drift outdoors these days and im afraid to get her dirty. we rolled into champs and tam tam in akhiabara too. was nice to pick yok parts off the rack and not have to worry about shipping costs.

Return to “RC Drift Bodies”