General Discussion Thread

Please post any suggestions that you have for the forum. Also you can ask to have a private team section added for your RC Drift team.
oski83
CSJ VIP
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DP CS/ Yokomo LCG

General Discussion Thread

Postby oski83 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Being on other forums I noticed they all had some kind of General Discussion section....so we don't post things that are NOT related to topic. that helps keep the thread on track and keep it on the topic. General Discussion thread can be about us discussing things that are RC related but not about a specific topic.

We already have one for NON RC related...

Would you guys consider this?

robsta
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: Yokomo BD,BDM,and Driftmaster. CGM needs some love

Re: General Discussion Thread

Postby robsta » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Yes, I'll talk it over with Evan and see what he thinks. Thanks for the suggestion keep'em coming :).

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Cool....thanks!

Is it my computer, or does the Banner shrink once you log on? For some reason, once logged onto forum, the top banner with the Arai cars shrinks to the left :?: But if I visit site wihtout logging on with my SN, its across the entire top of the page, weird?!

evanstewy
Founder
Founder
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Postby evanstewy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Sorry I have not replied. What do you mean by a general discussion? Don't we already have one for RC Related stuff?

Also I tried to see if the banner changed when I logged on and I don't see a difference. Not sure if it was just when I was working on the forum and putting the banner. I have have been busy trying to figure all the little things out. Let me know if it's still happening to you.

Thanks,

Evan

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks Evan

I guess for random threads it can be in the off-topic like everyone else has been doing...just wasnt sure where to put it....we had a Random Thread in Groovy under the East coast section we ran so anyone can post general posts about events, tv commerncials, what they did last night blah blah blah...no worries

The only thing though, for some reason, ONCE logged in, the banner (with Team Arai cars) acrsoss the tops shrinks to about 1/8th the size flush left...if I visit site, WITHOUT logging in, it looks fine and spreads across the entire top. Is it supposed to be this way?

evanstewy
Founder
Founder

Postby evanstewy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am

haha yeah offtopic will work for that.

I have no idea why the banner would be doing that when you login. It's not supposed to to that. I know when I first put up the banner it was a small version that we mocked up that was not the full size. Maybe the old banner is cached in your you computer? There is a delete all board cookies link at the bottom right of the forum that you can try clicking on. You will have to log back in once you click it though.

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Thats so weird! I did what you suggested about the cookies...then logged on again....SAME THING

Check out the pic below...it shows how tiny it shrinks..otherwise its normal across the entire banner page when NOT logged in :Think:

evanstewy
Founder
Founder

Postby evanstewy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Ohhh...I see what is going on. You are using the other forum template. I have not really been checking that other template when I change stuff on the forum. Thanks for pointing this out, I will fix it when I am at my home computer. I tried changing mine to the other template and it does the same thing, so it's not just you.

Thanks again!

evanstewy
Founder
Founder

Postby evanstewy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Well I was able to fix it for now. Had to shrink it a little bit because the other one would go off the page.

I'm sure the other logo that we create will be smaller so we won't have that issue.

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 pm

cool...

So on another random Q about RC stuff:

My post from last nite disspaeared so i'll post again...

Do any of you guys have any tricks on how to repair screw holes inside plastic parts?

From tuning, re-tuning, and re-tuning on my Yokomo DP, the rear bulkhead has the holes for the mounts that hold the sway bars...from screwing into it and out of it so many times, the screw now sits bit loose inside the hole...it spins freely and does not tighten all the way so mount moves

Now I have used a trick for ball cup for my links where I put a TINY piece of tissue inside the ball cup to help tighten it and remove slop...u guys think doing something like this inside the screw hole would help the screw stay tight inside?

or maybe some glue or loctice (even tho its pastic and not metal lol) Any tips would be appreciated so I dont have to buy another rear bulkhead housing and take it all apart and put it back together

Thanks!

Return to “Forum Suggestions”