antinnous' Yokomo DIB

Post your full Counter-Steer setup specs here.
DWright
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: ARD CER D11 Plustoyo

Re: rwdanthony's Yokomo DIB

Postby DWright » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Could you please tell me if you had One-way issues, when one wheel is spinning longer than the other? I sorted this thing out on HPI sprint and ARD CER, but my knowledge does not apply on DIB oneway(. And at least 3 of my mates with DIB, and 1 with DRB have the same problem.
I tried removing all grease and washing it with WD40 (what usualy solved it for me), I tried new cups. Nothing works. Seems like the problem is in the bearing.

antinnous
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: Tamiya, MST, Wrap-Up Next, Yokomo

Postby antinnous » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 pm

DWright wrote:Could you please tell me if you had One-way issues, when one wheel is spinning longer than the other? I sorted this thing out on HPI sprint and ARD CER, but my knowledge does not apply on DIB oneway(. And at least 3 of my mates with DIB, and 1 with DRB have the same problem.
I tried removing all grease and washing it with WD40 (what usualy solved it for me), I tried new cups. Nothing works. Seems like the problem is in the bearing.

one wheel spinning longer than the other is pretty normal, unless its a significant difference. i suggest cleaning & relube. the issue i know i've experienced is that one side of the one-way wouldn't grab.

How I clean one-ways:
step 1: remove everything (pulley, drive cups)

step 2: get a container with a cap enough to put the one-way unit inside (not too big)

step 3: get isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and fill the container enough to engulf half or 3/4 of the one-way unit

step 4: close and shake to remove all debris.

step 5: once you think you have everything out, take out the one-way wipe it down with a clean rag / towel. q-tip for the inside.

step 6: get your choice of lube, dont use grease! only oils. I used to use ATF (automatic transmission fluid) works great, but its on the thick side of oils. Now I use Singer all purpose oil, which is thinner. All you need is a single drop on each side of the one-way, and one drop on each drive cup.

step 7: Install drive cups, wipe down any extra fluid as dirt will sick to it. Install everything else back in, and you should be good.

note* I regularly maintain my one-way about every 3 track days / 36 hours of play, continuing the same process above*
MST, Hobbywing, RC OMG, Vertex, Wrap-Up Next, + More!

DWright
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby DWright » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 pm

THanks, I'll try this Alcohol shake thing.
THe point is, that oneway was new and had this problem out of the box. It was rather significant, since car tend to spin out because of that.
Just interested, if you had this problem?

GenkiRF
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DIB 1.8

Postby GenkiRF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Others have complained about the same thing as you. A simple re-lube/re-build of the front one-way typically fixed the problem. To be on the safe side, check your bearings as well. Some people have complained about seized bearings after only a few runs/even out of the box. Check your rear belt too, make sure it isn't too tight. I originally had mine a bit too tight, and would cause the car to spin off throttle.
Check out my blog @ http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/

DWright
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby DWright » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

THanks for your options too. Actually, i am pretty good at setting up the chassis, so there are no reasons for it so spin out. In fact, It doesn't spin out much as it is now, with defective one way, but still, it bothers me.

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05ERxCCCS

Postby Calzone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am

Off throttle spinning can also be caused by to little droop ;)

DWright
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby DWright » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 am

guys, please...I know how to set up the chassis, I'm not retarded.

FunkRenegade
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: brokomo DIB

Postby FunkRenegade » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 am

Slipping drb/dib one way problem is REAL. I know another local with the same problem on a drb. I have to keep my one way clean, or it starts slipping every once in a while.

Sean781006
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DIB

Postby Sean781006 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am

One-way problem? No worry. Try gear diff. I'm using gear diff infront. Not sure what it does but I can hold angle longer.

Fitto
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Street Jam OTA-R ver.2

Postby Fitto » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 am

FunkRenegade wrote:Slipping drb/dib one way problem is REAL. I know another local with the same problem on a drb. I have to keep my one way clean, or it starts slipping every once in a while.

i have the same problem on tamiya ta05 oneway diff, just clean it after each race and use diff oil or vd40.

Return to “Counter-Steer Full Setup”