Rear end spin out..

Post your full Counter-Steer setup specs here.
steveplatinum
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Eagle Racing R31-RWD and Associated TC4 Fr1Way

Rear end spin out..

Postby steveplatinum » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 pm

I have a TC4 that I converted to rear wheel drive and the back end keeps spinning out. I tried adding weight to the front, then adding weight to the back. I think that possibly what happened is that when I tried to lock the rear diff it still slips that may be why its spinning ou? Does anybody else have any other suggestions? I did put high grip (soft) hardrubber tires on it im still have the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

zviliux
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TA05-VDF

Re: Rear end spin out..

Postby zviliux » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:47 am

Did you use gyro in your TC4?

steveplatinum
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Eagle Racing R31-RWD and Associated TC4 Fr1Way

Re: Rear end spin out..

Postby steveplatinum » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:41 pm

I did have a gyro on it but I took it back off. It did make it run better and easier but it still spun out a little bit and I would rather fix the spin out problems without the gyro before adding the gyro. I've done several things, I've rebuilt steering rack to where I'm getting i think 50 or 60 degrees of steering angle. I also rebuilt all four shocks put 10 weight silicone in the back and 30 weight silicone in the front. I rebuilt the rear diff and I took the silly putty out of it. I've put it in there to lock the diff, as I read somewhere, but it didn't really work. I think it was causing a slip on one side but not the other. now that I rebuilt the diff and made it tight, it's spinning out quite a bit less although it still is. I'm still kind of messing with the weight balance. I put about eighty four ounces of weight on the front and then it seems to be helping a lot although I'm still messing around with it. it seems like weighing down the back just makes the back spin out further when it does lose grip but weighing down the front too much make the front wheels not catch when I turn them. but I'm still kind of looking for that balance. oh another major modifications that made a huge difference was putting a smaller pinion on it it allowed me to hit the throttle more lightly and ease into the drift better. it's still not driving as well as my r31 RWD but it is driving a lot better and I think I'm going to be able to make the rear wheel drive work on my TC 4 especially once I add the gyro.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Return to “Counter-Steer Full Setup”