Which tool box do you prefer? [Poll]

Here you can discuss everything you do to keep your car running 100%.

Which tool box do you prefer for your RC tools and parts?

Regular Tool Box.
26%
Tackle Box.
23%
RC Tool Bag w/Seperate Boxes.
31%
Rolling Tool Box.
21%

Total votes: 39

evanstewy
Founder
Founder
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Which tool box do you prefer? [Poll]

Postby evanstewy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:08 am

Thought I would see which tool box do you guys perfer and why? If you can post a picture of your tool box too. :D

I would have to go with the Tackle box. It doesn't have a lot of room for larger things but it has lots of places for small bits. I still have a lot of room for extra spare parts and tools. Also have two smaller boxes dedicated to suspension parts and the other for screws which is really nice. It keeps all my spare parts and tools neatly organized. Then I just carry my remote in a serperate bag and carry my car by itself.

I used to have a rolling tool box and a regular tool box too. The rolling tool box was nice for larger things but it didn't have a lot of room for small bits unless you got a bunch of small boxes to put in side it. But then you would have to go digging around for everything. It was also really bukly and hard to get around sometimes.

I tried a regular tool box but that was even worse so you could hold a lot of stuff and didn't have places for small tools and spare parts. You would also have to go digging around for things and was not organized at all.

I will post pictures of my tool box later.

aliceisadog
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: 3Racing carbon/alloy TA05 93% VDF 111%

Re: Which tool box do you prefer? [Poll]

Postby aliceisadog » Sat May 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Mine is kinda rolling but was a luggage bag. It has the retractable handle in the top. fits 1 car and my boxes with tools, suspension and diffs, charger and dx3s nicely. It also has the front pocket and I have a folder with all instructions and manuals and some spare tires. Also made a few iron on logos. Here are some pics.

danhfvcsd
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DRB

Postby danhfvcsd » Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 pm

I got a rolling toolbox... only have old pictures now, but i use it for off-road and drift stuff, so the contents usually change depending on which rc i am taking out with me... This was when it was more of a 'general use' box... i will get some current pics another time when i can be bothered - i just moved all my rc gear to mum and dads place as i'm in a 1bdrm aprtmnt and gonna be selling shortly, so need it to look as big as i can... dammit, i've ranted again - anyways... -lol-

Yokomo DRB 100% CS

td-civ
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: MST fs-01d RED, sakura D3, team magic E4D MF

Postby td-civ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm

i have 4 pit bags

2 for onroad and 2 for offroad and soon another one just for my drift stuff
Loose Nutz RC indoor rc race track and hoobie shop and yes we have a drift carpet drift track
www.loosenutzrc.com

Return to “Maintenance Tips”