Hard time installing drive gear OTA ZEON

Here you can discuss everything you do to keep your car running 100%.
kemchie
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: TT01-D MidShip Convertion (Eagle Racing)

Hard time installing drive gear OTA ZEON

Postby kemchie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:09 am

guys good day,

need advise for installing my gears, having hard time doing it, im afraid i might damage it when i force to put the c-clips for locking...

any suggestion is open and badly need ASAP, btw this gear is for OTA ZEON, hope to hear from you guys.

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Re: Hard time installing drive gear OTA ZEON

Postby valentin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't have any experience with the OTA Zeon, and usually my stuff has outdrive "rings" rather than clips. Try to work on one side with your finger and then use your thumb to push up on the opposite cup to force the other end on while applying pressure with your finger on the clip (if that makes any sense :lol: ). I've never had trouble installing them, but rather taking them off is the pain.

i'm assuming that plastic sleeve slides over the outdrive and the clip locks it in? i'd imagine it would be the same concept. might help to gently squeeze the outdrive with some needle nose pliers. just be careful not to squeeze too hard or mar the outdrive.

good luck :up:

Dr.Fate
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: GPX-R, R31ML, OTA-ZEON & RWD D.D.C.

Re: Hard time installing drive gear OTA ZEON

Postby Dr.Fate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:23 pm

I have a zeon MK.2 and it the same thing. those little clips are "whatever" IMO... Now that big spacer should have a another spacer to keep the gear from going bad. do you have both of these in the pic on this site? If not your gonna have to order some. Be thankful they are cheap!
http://rc-art.net/product_eng/4562226714438

Return to “Maintenance Tips”