Rhys Millen Genesis

Post the progress of R/C Body here.
tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05 VDF

Rhys Millen Genesis

Postby tatmanfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 am

Well, I broke down and ordered a Genesis body today. Im going to be doing Rhys Millens Red Bull version.

R2 was the only company that makes it, so I hope its decent quality. I also found a spoiler thats really close and its on its way as well. Also picked up some red bull decals.

Im debating if I should do lame flake and silver on the rear, or just do silver.

Also debating on whether to do carbon fiber down the center or just black.

Ive seen his car with both of the above options, just trying to make a decision before my body arrives in the next week or two(ordered from china). Any input would be helpful as I havent used the lame flake or done very much carbon fiber before.

capricorn
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TA05v2

Re: Rhys Millen Genesis

Postby capricorn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Lame flake looks like it will work out well for the rear section. At first I thought that the flakes would be a bit too "loud" but looking at the reference picture that you've provided, it appears to be a good match. I've learned that when applying pearls, I would put down two or three light passes (make sure even coverage) and not much more with good results. In my case, applying anything more would tint the backing color.

For the carbon fiber, are you looking at using carpet tape? In my experience, carpet tape is hit or miss even if you've applied the strips properly. I've had carpet tape laid down with no gap in between strips expecting a good result only to find irregularities in the weave. It ended up looking like "striping" in the weave which irked me to no end. On one last note, the carpet tape is fiberglass thus it won't stretch over complex contours like raised hood vents and such.

Good luck with the build!

tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby tatmanfish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am

Ive used the drawer liner before and have gotten decent results. never tried the carpet tape. id rather have it all paint.

tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby tatmanfish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

got my body, waiting on decals and paint.

going with pearl white for the rear and black down the center after looking at some more pics.

tokeyo83
Banned and Dumb
Drift Chassis: HB Cyclone TC-H / Yokomo MR4-TC DP (WIP)

Postby tokeyo83 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Can't wait *-| Really wanted to do this body too :twisted:
"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby tatmanfish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

heres some pics. Im opening up the hole in the front bumper and trying to make it look more like Millens car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby tatmanfish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Return to “WIP Bodies”