Calzone's ZBD RX-7 FD3s '93/'99 Combo Spec.

Post the progress of R/C Body here.
Carnage
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: TOP Racing Scythe

Re: Calzone's ZBD RX-7 FD3s '93/'99 Combo Spec.

Postby Carnage » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 am

If you dont want paint chipping off, then dont put your car on its roof next time :lol: Did you reassemble the accesoires again?

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05ERxCCCS

Postby Calzone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 am

Hahaha, i'll try to keep it roof up next time :mrgreen: Haven't touched it since last round, kinda busy with school at the moment! I think it won't be till a week before next round that i'll touch it again :mrgreen:

HAYASHI
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: RC-ART Crimson Lightening,Street Jam OTA ZEON MK3

Postby HAYASHI » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 am

Nice body thinking of picking one up,Could you do me a favor an let me know the width of this body at the F&R arches?
http://dangerstylerc.blogspot.com.au/

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby Calzone » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 am

It's really small, it's F/R: 186/185mm

Schmark
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Fujin 211Go

Postby Schmark » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Calzone wrote:Don't know, i do have some spots that lack paint after last drift day, but luckily it's mostly in the lip, so i can just put some tamiya x- paint behind it. If i don't use this much paint the light can shine through and i was afraid the color would turn too dark if it wasn't backed properly ;)

I know this is a late reply to an old post, but I hope you may find it useful anyway. What I usually do is I lay on thin layers of paint until I get even coverage. The first layer I basically just mist paint on to give the other ones something to adhere to. Then I just keep going over and over with really thin layers until I'm satisfied with the coverage. At this point it's never opaque, but rather the opposite. It's almost translucent. I then choose the backing color to give me the effect or end result I want.

I've tried white, but it doesn't make the primary color pop. Black makes it too dark in my opinion. I've been using silver alot, preferably backed with black. The silver lets you use your flat primary color of choice as a candy and still get the metallic end result. That was until I tried backing a body with chrome (and then black). Chrome just makes the colors pop like you can't even imagine.

Here are some photos of the first body I backed with chrome. A really old one... On the top two ones the protective film is still on. The photos just doesn't do it justice, (I guess you need to see it in real life) but these are the ones I could find...

I hope you found this helpful. I really like what you did to the body with the side skirts and all. How did you attach those? Did you make them out of styrene?
Schmark
West Coast Drift Crew - Nomad

Eagle OTA-R31 16FM CS 1.6
Xray T3'11 50/50
Fujin 211go M-chassis CS
Orion Vortex R10pro | 8.5T VST
SpeedPassion Reventon Pro | 6.5T V3.0

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby Calzone » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 am

I have done 2 shells the way you mentioned, by just misting it, but that turned out to use a lot of paint and still not a good coverage. Thats why i went with a bit thicker layers this time. Also, this was not a metallic paint and was never intended to be so, i liked the flat blue, like this:
Thanks for the tips though, could be usefull in the future :) I really like the color of your shell in the pictures!

The sideskirts and other accessories are not permanently mounted yet, i normally use Bison Rubber Repair Gel for it, but for some reason that stuff is nowhere to be found in my city anymore :down: Yes, i've made those out of styrene!

I should really start working on this again, it has already taken a lot of beating without even being finished :lol:

Schmark
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Fujin 211Go

Postby Schmark » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:41 am

I like the flat blue you chose, aswell. My previous 1:1 car was that color. On my coming projects I intend to use a House of Kolor candy paint and back it with chrome to get that flat look but with the depth and lustre the chrome brings.

I liked what you've done with this body so much I started looking at for sale ads here in Sweden... Ha ha.
Schmark
West Coast Drift Crew - Nomad

Eagle OTA-R31 16FM CS 1.6
Xray T3'11 50/50
Fujin 211go M-chassis CS
Orion Vortex R10pro | 8.5T VST
SpeedPassion Reventon Pro | 6.5T V3.0

Return to “WIP Bodies”