3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
tokodrift
What's CS?
What's CS?
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS Sport
Location: New Zealand

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby tokodrift » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey guys, some great info here. I've probably got about 2 hours use with mine so far. What a great out of the box car, however I did have to put Turnigy yellow springs on the front as the chassis just sat on the floor. I'm wanting to upgrade the front driveshafts as the wheel shake is pretty bad. I don't want to spend the money on the tamiya double cardins, I was sure I had seen SSK driveshafts on ebay for the d3 but they aren't there anymore. Does anyone know if the SSKs from the Sakura Zero fit the D3? I was looking at these ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-Metal-SSK-Driveshaft-Black-1-10-Sakura-XI-FF-Zero-EP-RC-Car-Parts-/140889981412?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Diecast_Toys&hash=item20cdb281e4 Sorry for the Noob question :oops:

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 am

Yes, those will work. Those are the ones I'm using right now.

Image

Image
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

tokodrift
What's CS?
What's CS?
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS Sport
Location: New Zealand

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby tokodrift » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Yes, those will work. Those are the ones I'm using right now.


Great, are you able to get full steering angle out of them on the D3? did they work to get rid of the chatter at full lock (mines driving me crazy)?

Justin

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm

That drove me crazy also when I first used my D3 and some seasoned drifters suggested that was the problem and with help of others on here and rctech forums, found out the stock axles were the problem.

Yes...they completely get rid of chatter....limitation on stock CVds is why you get charter. Not sure if you get full 55° but it's plenty wide and I have been pretty happy with the performance. But there are bigger angles I can get with the KPI mod I have on my D3 to get you even wider angles than that...just placed an order for MST and R31 to get even wider.

You can see the performance with a video I made of my D3 using the SSKs about a page or two back.
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

User avatar
SkR8Pn
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 pm
Drift Chassis: R31, D3, 16FM
Location: QLD, AUSTRALIA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby SkR8Pn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 pm

eunique wrote:That drove me crazy also when I first used my D3 and some seasoned drifters suggested that was the problem and with help of others on here and rctech forums, found out the stock axles were the problem.

Yes...they completely get rid of chatter....limitation on stock CVds is why you get charter. Not sure if you get full 55° but it's plenty wide and I have been pretty happy with the performance. But there are bigger angles I can get with the KPI mod I have on my D3 to get you even wider angles than that...just placed an order for MST and R31 to get even wider.

You can see the performance with a video I made of my D3 using the SSKs about a page or two back.


You can also just delete the chub and use mst knuckles with r31 axles. You'll get close to 55* but also get massive Ackerman and a couple of other issues. Even with kpi Ackerman is a problem and you'll need to mod more to correct it.

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:50 pm

How to you fix/correct Ackerman?
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 am

So my gf decided to buy it for me for Valentines day...this may have been asked already but what are must buys for this chassis?!?! I want to make the front end a bit heavier so im thinking aluminum front everything.

FOW - gonna order one soon.
Belt tensioner - this seems to always be sold out.
Aluminum steering - in due time.

anything else I should be adding to this list? I know I gotta be missing a few things.

Lukas
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:10 am
Drift Chassis: Sakura D3, Sprint 2 RWD
Location: Lithuania

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Lukas » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 am

Beleve me, you dont need a heavyer front end. Its already heavyer than the back. (850g in the front and 650g i the back, electronics installed.)

Driveshafts dont hold on? No roblem! Tape will do just fine! :mrgreen:
Image
Sorry for my bad english

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 am

Emerpus wrote:So my gf decided to buy it for me for Valentines day...this may have been asked already but what are must buys for this chassis?!?! I want to make the front end a bit heavier so im thinking aluminum front everything.

FOW - gonna order one soon.
Belt tensioner - this seems to always be sold out.
Aluminum steering - in due time.

anything else I should be adding to this list? I know I gotta be missing a few things.


Aluminum pulleys,
In addition to alloy steering, wider angle CVDs (stock will limit angles and give u chatter on full lock)

And not sure about tape fix above, but it may create binding which you will NOT want. Better fix is to disassemble CVDs and grind a small flat spot in middle of pin then use thread lock on set screw to keep it in place..then no more problems.
Last edited by eunique on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 am

eunique wrote:
Emerpus wrote:So my gf decided to buy it for me for Valentines day...this may have been asked already but what are must buys for this chassis?!?! I want to make the front end a bit heavier so im thinking aluminum front everything.

FOW - gonna order one soon.
Belt tensioner - this seems to always be sold out.
Aluminum steering - in due time.

anything else I should be adding to this list? I know I gotta be missing a few things.


Aluminum pulleys,
In addition to alloy steering, wider angle CVDs (stock will limit angles and give u chatter on full lock)


like what CVDs? I saw something about MST knuckles and R31 axles a few posts back.

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 am

Emerpus wrote:
like what CVDs? I saw something about MST knuckles and R31 axles a few posts back.


Using plastic MST knuckles right now on my KPI mod...waiting on my aluminum MST short arm front knuckles.
Square and Overdose makes wide angle universal shafts for R31...and Eagle Racing as well.
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:12 am

So there is no difference between the aluminum one way tube for the d3 and the front one way v2 for the sakura /d3 ???

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am

Spacing is a little different is about the only thing.
If you buy the one way for the Zero S, DO NOT use the space that it comes with...and its cheaper than the D3 one way.
Either one you buy will work
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 am

if i order from rcmart is it worth the premium to go with the EMS shipping over the standard shipping?! Anyone have experience with both?!

jimmyzrx
What's CS?
What's CS?
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:12 pm
Drift Chassis: TL-01, Sakura D3
Location: Joplin,Mo.

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby jimmyzrx » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am

i ordered my chassis from them free shipping received in 7 days
then i ordered some upgrade parts and took 14 day

icalsonic
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 pm
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TT01D, 3Racing D3 CS, R2H Devil Drift
Location: Norway

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby icalsonic » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:10 am

so wide angle cvd's just came out for the d3, anyone who ordered theirs yet? i wanna see a review if they are better than other brands (overdose, tn racing, square etc.)

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-sakd331-u ... 36184.html

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

WOOO. Almost done building mine and ordered hop ups from RCMART Probably another 2 weeks before it comes so I will put up with the front spool -_-; for now

User avatar
SkR8Pn
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 pm
Drift Chassis: R31, D3, 16FM
Location: QLD, AUSTRALIA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby SkR8Pn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:59 am

icalsonic wrote:so wide angle cvd's just came out for the d3, anyone who ordered theirs yet? i wanna see a review if they are better than other brands (overdose, tn racing, square etc.)

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-sakd331-u ... 36184.html


I doubt they'll come close to the brands you've mentioned. Would be good to see if they actually hit 50degree without chatter tho.

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 am

I've got others already (waiting to install when I get back from vacation)...but I will probably order the 3racing wide angle as well...as spares or to try out.
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 pm

I bought the wide angles. I will only have the stock cvds to compare with. Hopefully they come in the next week

Emerpus
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm
Drift Chassis: Yokomo MR-4TC SD, Tamiya TT01
Location: SoCal

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby Emerpus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 pm

I bought the wide angles. I will only have the stock cvds to compare with. Hopefully they come in the next week

User avatar
SkR8Pn
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 pm
Drift Chassis: R31, D3, 16FM
Location: QLD, AUSTRALIA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby SkR8Pn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Emerpus wrote:I bought the wide angles. I will only have the stock cvds to compare with. Hopefully they come in the next week

Tell us how you go.. I'm interested in how they are compared to the standard ones.

TakeshiSkunk
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 pm
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS (currently building)
Location: Ypsilanti, MI

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby TakeshiSkunk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am

FINALLY got my kit tonight. It was worth the rate, my buddy got me an amazing price on it. Might start working on it this weekend if I have the right size wrenches in my toolbox, if not I guess I'll head to a hobby shop.

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:51 am

nice....let us know how it goes.
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS
Location: Gilroy, CA USA

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 pm

TakeshiSkunk wrote:FINALLY got my kit tonight. It was worth the rate, my buddy got me an amazing price on it. Might start working on it this weekend if I have the right size wrenches in my toolbox, if not I guess I'll head to a hobby shop.


Don't forget to disassemble then reassemble the CVDs...grind a small flat spot in the middle of the pin where the set screw goes into so the set screw has something to grab and use s small amount of thread lock on the set screw otherwise the CVDs have tendency to come apart
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests