3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, Sakura Zero CS

Re: 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS

Postby eunique » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 am

Hornet wrote:I think there is binding somewhere. And the middle belt is a bit loose. But I dont think thats the problem. I've heard that maybe I jused to many shims somewhere.

check everything..make sure there is no binding. Double check that the bearing carriers are evenly aligned left to right.
Also make sure to take apart the stock CVDs and reassemble them...they are prone to the set screws coming loose...grind a small flat spot in the pin that goes into the joint (makes a better spot for the set screw to grab onto) then use red threadlock so the set screw does not back out
Sakura D3 CS
Sakura Zero CS (yes, 1.74 CS)

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 pm

Just rebuilt my dampers with TRF shock bladders, green slime.
I used 30wt front and 35wt rear with 3 hole pistons all around.
Also got some new wide offset rims. Hope I get to practice at drift track tomorrow to see the difference. Im sure I'll have to do some tuning due to the wider offset wheels
Sakura D3 CS

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Im back up to 2.14 stock CS ratio...found my missing 13t aluminum pulley and replaced the center rear 14t I had.
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Sakura D3

Postby FoiVoS_ » Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 am

Hello guys i am new the csjunkies and to the rc hobby and i am thinking of buying the Sakura D3. I have seen that a lot of people complain about things at it but i am a begginer and i need my first car to be cheap :) I have ~300$ bugdet for it... i found it for 109$ from rcmart but i need electronics and a motor. What motor,servo,esc and upgrades and parts that are essential would you recomend ? Also from which site should i buy it ?
Thanks in advance !

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 am

The D3 is an excellent chassis once you do some upgrades and you can grow with it. Get a Hobbywing Xerun motor ESC combo from hobbypartz.com. I would suggest the 10.5t or 13.5T combo.
For servo, I ordered my BlueBird fast servo from Hobbyking.com...also have good deals there on Lipos.
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am

I found the combo you told me way to much expensive *-| Will a 15T do the work ? I would like to buy as much staff i can from 1 site becuase i cant afford to pay double shipping :(
Do you think that i should buy the low friction belts ? Also i have seen a lot of people complaining about the belt being loose will these belts fix that ?

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm

15T will work.
No, the low friction belts wont fix loose belts ..they are same length. Just put 1mm washers under the rear center pulley holder...it will give enough tension to the center belt....or get the Zero S belt tensioner and that will help.
Stock steering is limiting in angles.... you can get the aluminum steering and UWA CVDs and that will get you wide angle steering and get rid of chatter at full...the chatter will be due to the stock CVD limitation and not capable of extreme steering angles.
Option parts for most other good kits out there are even more expensive
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 am

Which ESC would you recomend for a T15 Brushed Motor ? I dont think of updgrading to a lower T motor any time soon. I currently have a list in rmcart and in hobbyking so i would like the esc to be in either of those 2 sites.. Thanks in advance

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Thu May 02, 2013 9:48 pm

I would recommend hobbywing Xerun ESC but not sure if that would work with brushed motor.
My suggestion would be to spend a little more and get a sensored brushless combo...sensored motors are a definite plus when it comes to drifting
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 am

I have found some good deals in rcmart with Hobbywind Xerun Esc+Yeah Racing Hackmoto Sensored Brushless motors... The pack comes either with 10.5T or 13.5T which one should i get ? Also are Yeah Racing sensored motors good ? Or they are bad quality, and i should get an erzun sensorless for the same or a bit higher price ?

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Sat May 04, 2013 7:27 am

Sensored systems are definitely better for drifting. I would suggest to go with 10.5T combo..with the hobbywing ESC you can turn down the power if you need less power through the program card. If you go with 13.5T combo...then you cant up the power if youwanted more power.
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah Racing Hackmoto Sensored 10.5T with Hobbywind 80A ESC for 90$... and they have Hackomoto Sensored 13.5T with Hobbywind 120A Esc for 120$... I might get the 10.5 as you told me.. Do i have to pick up the LED programm box or can i programm it without it ? Also i would like to ask everyone if you trust Hackmoto Sensored Motors ... i havent seen any review about them...

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Don't those combos come with the program box? You nees the program box to program the ESC.
Not sure about the hackmotos...no personal experience. They are probably fine.
I do have personal experience with both 60A and 120A hobbywing Xerun combos and they have been bulletproof.
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Sun May 05, 2013 1:16 am

Yeah the funny thing is that they dont come with a program box so i need to buy one -_-

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Sun May 05, 2013 7:28 am

Some combos include them...but they are inexpensive
Sakura D3 CS

SydeshowMO
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TA05 V1 * Sakura D3 * TLR

Postby SydeshowMO » Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I brought my D3 down to 89% CS. I dont know if im crazy but it seemed the like it better at the stock 114%. Anyone else turn down the CS ratio only to find out the D3 is better out the box?

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 am

I had brought it down a few different ratios...and practiced with the different ratios...but as I got more comfortable. ..I eventually brought it back up to stock 2.14 CS and even thinking about increasing it now.
But now that I'm learning better to utilize the chassis, I like the higher ratio
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Wed May 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Guys what FDR should i have for a 10.5T motor ?

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 am

FoiVoS_ wrote:Guys what FDR should i have for a 10.5T motor ?

should look into the motor manufacturer's specs or recommended since it could vary from one manufacturer to another and that way you don't over heat (overgearing) and your electronics stay cool.

A side note...for CS drifting, you will want to turn down your ESC or adjust from your transmitter to turn down throttle anyway.
Sakura D3 CS

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 am

FoiVoS_ wrote:Guys what FDR should i have for a 10.5T motor ?

should look into the motor manufacturer's specs or recommended since it could vary from one manufacturer to another and that way you don't over heat (overgearing) and your electronics stay cool.

A side note...for CS drifting, you will want to turn down your ESC or adjust from your transmitter to turn down throttle anyway.
Sakura D3 CS

FoiVoS_
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby FoiVoS_ » Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 am

I see ... in the manufactuer specs i noticed something... i am planning to buy the X9B Combo from Hobbywing http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=246 Do i need to have a 3S Battery for the 10.5T motor as it says on the specs? cause it is really wired ... :(

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Thu May 16, 2013 6:21 am

no, no, no...don't worry. you will be fine with 2S...and it will be plenty of power. that chart just states that on 2S, you want to use from 5.5T or greater (6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 10.5, 13.5...and higher)
and on 3S (it's 10.5T or higher for on road racing)
that will be a good combo.
I have HW 60A and the 120A with 8.5T combos...and they have been great!
I'm running Speed Passion Reventon Pro 10.5T combo now on my D3 CS and have the HW Xerun 8.5T combo in my Zero CS (had to turn down the power).
Sakura D3 CS

bigdcowboys
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: yokomo ssg sd

Postby bigdcowboys » Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 am

hi guys new to this thread, but I got built my first rc which was the sakura d3 and im having problems with the front one way. after getting everything up and running I noticed I installed it backwards :down: but I took it apart and installed it the right way hooked up all the electronics and found that the front one way works, but one of them spins longer than the other when I apply the breaks. is this normal? or is there anything I can do to fix the problem plz help your input would be wonderful! :wave:

eunique
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby eunique » Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 am

Just make sure there is nothing binding and that things are symmetrical. Also make sure your bearings are clean, no grit. I find that mine does that sometimes. Make sure the pins arent coming out of the cvds...common problem with stock CVDs. They were not assembled as good from factory..tends to come apart.

GRind a small flat spot in middle of the CVD pin (simething for the set screw to grab onto and not spin) then use a little bit of red thread lock on the set screw...let that set screw dry for a few hours and it will never back out.

Double check the bearing holders also that they are symmetrical and at the same position left and right.

As long as there is nothing pulling you in either direction when you are freewheeling, then you are good to go.
Sakura D3 CS

bigdcowboys
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: yokomo ssg sd

Postby bigdcowboys » Fri May 17, 2013 12:20 pm

appreciate the input will look into that once I get off of work! cant wait to get it up and running! :up: I will let you know how it goes

Return to “General Discussion”