Wheel Offset

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
cnick975
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: HPI Sprint 2 Drift

Wheel Offset

Postby cnick975 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering what wheel offset for the front and rear wheels will give me an aggressive wide look on a 190mm body. Thanks!

Mike_V
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: HotBodies TC-D

Re: Wheel Offset

Postby Mike_V » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I would say anything 10mm.

Teles
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: MST Ms-01D Pro

Postby Teles » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:55 am

Depends on the amount of camber you will use but the most important is what chassis and the hex you have , and the brand of the body , there are 190 and "190" mm ;)

cnick975
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby cnick975 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 am

Alright so I see 10mm offset and then I also see it depends on the body that I buy, which company do you guys recommend for bodies... Yokomo? Tamiya? HPI?

Fitto
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Street Jam OTA-R ver.2

Postby Fitto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 am

cnick975 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering what wheel offset for the front and rear wheels will give me an aggressive wide look on a 190mm body. Thanks!

your question is so funny :D :D :D
just put your body on chasiss and you will see how much free space you have. Put ofset as much as possible and thats all...think a bit before make so stupid post!!!
Last edited by Fitto on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Postby valentin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:53 am

Fitto wrote:
cnick975 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering what wheel offset for the front and rear wheels will give me an aggressive wide look on a 190mm body. Thanks!

just put you body on chasiss and you will see how much free space you have. Put ofset as much as possible and thats all...think a bit before make so stupid post!!!

|O| Way to make yourself look like a nice guy.

We have a great community here...and regardless of how simple or complicated a question may be, people have the right to post and ask the question or a topic up for discussion and people will either answer it, or not answer it. That's the whole point of a forum. Next time, you might want to think before making such a jackass comment. :Ono

cnick975
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby cnick975 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 am

Fitto wrote:

just put you body on chasiss and you will see how much free space you have. Put ofset as much as possible and thats all...think a bit before make so stupid post!!!

People like you shouldn't even be on a forum like Valentin said a forum is to help a certain group of people not criticize them for making stupid posts or inadequate ones. Next time just don't post anything at all because your comment was pointless.

Fitto
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Street Jam OTA-R ver.2

Postby Fitto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

cnick975 wrote:
Fitto wrote:

just put you body on chasiss and you will see how much free space you have. Put ofset as much as possible and thats all...think a bit before make so COOL post!!!

People like you shouldn't even be on a forum like Valentin said a forum is to help a certain group of people not criticize them for making stupid posts or inadequate ones. Next time just don't post anything at all because your comment was pointless.

first of all i ansvered to you question!!! no need to say thx :D :D :D
cnick975 wrote:Alright so I see 10mm offset and then I also see it depends on the body that I buy, which company do you guys recommend for bodies... Yokomo? Tamiya? HPI?

I recomend yokomo...expensive but nice look bodies
i thought that you already have body and you just want to know abouth offset? :shock: :shock: :shock:

GenkiRF
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DIB 1.8

Postby GenkiRF » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Fitto wrote:first of all i ansvered to you question!!! no need to say thx :D :D :D

Why would anyone say thanks when you answered it like a complete dick :roll: . So what if it's a "dumb question" in your opinion... some people may just be starting out with the whole RC drift scene, and have no clue how to achieve the fitment seen in some peoples pics, or even know where to start to find out how to obtain the look they are going for. Some people may feel overwhelmed and are just looking for a helping hand. No need to be a complete dick about it.
Check out my blog @ http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Postby valentin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 am

alright guys, drop it. back on topic.

FunkRenegade
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: brokomo DIB

Postby FunkRenegade » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:46 pm

If he's providing information, what difference does it make? People accept incorrect information all the time, just because "somebody's a nice guy". Beggars can't be choosers. Go find your own results by trial and error, or put up with the answers you get.

GenkiRF wrote:
Fitto wrote:first of all i ansvered to you question!!! no need to say thx :D :D :D

Why would anyone say thanks when you answered it like a complete dick :roll: . So what if it's a "dumb question" in your opinion... some people may just be starting out with the whole RC drift scene, and have no clue how to achieve the fitment seen in some peoples pics, or even know where to start to find out how to obtain the look they are going for. Some people may feel overwhelmed and are just looking for a helping hand. No need to be a complete dick about it.

dencio1976
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: Tamiya 414M/TA03R

Postby dencio1976 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 am

when one learns a little more than much, one tends to develop intollerance for a newbish questions. but then being a dick about it often causes a newbie from even trying to get into the hobby because of that. it may one day cause a community to fade or slow down on growth.

others may have better answers that arent such a dick about it. we were all newbies once. if you cant control yourself from being a dick even if you did answer his query, let someone else answer (patiently/nicely).

dont act like such a hotshot. just remember, there's always someone better. haha

anyway, nothing more to add since there are good suggestions already. ^_^

Return to “General Discussion”