Body fitment for tc-fd

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: tc-fd ,75%cs,novak ballistic8.5t,raikou d70 drift

Body fitment for tc-fd

Postby mobills » Fri May 03, 2013 3:09 am

Will pandora bodies for my tc-fd or the same with abc bodies I've been wanting to buy one of these bodies but I'm scared if I do they will not fit

Dr.Fate
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: GPX-R, R31ML, OTA-ZEON & RWD D.D.C.

Re: Body fitment for tc-fd

Postby Dr.Fate » Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 am

Ok I know that HPI wheel base is smaller than ABC,TAMIYA, pandora AND YOKOMO. Hpi is at 257 and the rest are at 260. the TC-FD I can be extended to 260 by moving the rear wheel back, by moving the spacer on the suspension block.

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 am

Right on I didn't know that hey thanks bro I asked a lot of people that question and not one told me I could do that

Dr.Fate
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby Dr.Fate » Fri May 03, 2013 10:09 am

If check the manual from the TC-FD it will tell you the wheel base. Also ABCHOBBY also list how big the body is wheel base and how wide the body is as well. When I first started I used that as a guide. Also Tamyia is great at the details of the body. FYI if your gonna get a tamyia porsche shell, I can tell you that it has a very short wheel base at 255.

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 am

Ok I checked the manual and it said nothin bout the wheel base but I did find it on the box it's 258-262 and pandoras are 257-260 is that gonna be a problem? Also so think the shock towers are to high that they might not let the body sit on the chassis right? And with tamiya body I bought a rx7 fd once and my rs were so far offset out of the body so I tried 3mm offset rims and they were still offseted so I gave up on tamiya bodies but yeah jus let me know what u think Thanks

Dr.Fate
Still Turns In
Still Turns In

Postby Dr.Fate » Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 am

As far as pandora goes and or any other company goes bodies will fit. Tamiya makes some small bodies (187-190) and yeah that RX7 is small as far as offsets/width are concerned. Not all tamiya bodies are small ETc, GS400, r34,r35,supra, and so on. Also I think that TC-FD was made for 200mm bodies (HPI) OR 195-200MM LIKE YOKOMO. I have the same problem with my R31 and GPX. If you want get the active hobby suspension that have adjustable arm length. I seen guys run R31 and Tamiya suspension on the TC-FD along with that custom swing arm that someone is selling on here , I forget who at the moment. That would be your best bet for overall body fitment. Also know that since we are in the same boat, with 190mm (TAMIYA & ABCHOBBY) I feel that 4mm all around works best with min to no camber. Also what wheel hubs are you using? if you are using the thick ones (stock) you might want to switch to the Kazama hubs which are smaller and I know for a fact will enable rims sizes if 5-6 front and 6-7 rear for fitment.

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/dr ... l-hub--1mm

http://banzaihobby.com/Active-Hobby-STR155R

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Sat May 04, 2013 11:41 am

Kool so say I didn't get the hubs and arms and ran 6 mm for offset rims all around would that still work for pandora I think that's who I'm gonna buy from. Oh yeah iam runnin the stock hubs I think there 2 mm

Return to “General Discussion”