No more so-cal hpi

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: tc-fd ,75%cs,novak ballistic8.5t,raikou d70 drift

No more so-cal hpi

Postby mobills » Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm

So I jus found out today theres no more so-cal hpi and there goin out of business. I think it's a lack of better products and ideas. I think they would of made a killing puttin a little more effort in too drift products and not being greedy for failing products, what do u guys think of the news?

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Re: No more so-cal hpi

Postby valentin » Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Where did you learn this from? If you're referring to the sale of a large amount of inventory to Great Planes (distributor) and downsizing...then I think you may have misunderstood the situation. As far as I know, HPI/HB USA is not going anywhere...at least not yet.

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 am

I found this out through 2 different shop owners. U have to do the math they shut down one of there biggest stores and only two left. The one one in Japan and the one in Chicago. There's already been talk about them going bankrupt on another forum a couple months ago and then at one of meets a owner told is about it then yesterday another owner told us about the so cal closing. I'm not sure if its true but this is twice I was told the same

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11413 ... m#11413598

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valentin » Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 am

The news of HPI/HB USA having money troubles is not new. If you click on the neobuggy link and read the article, it matches exactly what I stated about the large sale of inventory to Great Planes/Hobbico. There has been some downsizing as well since sales and customer service have been outsourced to Great Planes/Hobbico.

Now I'm no expert, but it sounds like whoever you got the information from was either not up to date or I could be wrong and you got some "insider info". I have been told from a very reliable source that as of right now HPI/HB USA is not going anywhere. The sale of their inventory to Hobbico probably just bought them some time.

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am

the peolple who said are very credible but the sale to hobbyco could of been that to, not sure like i said it could jus be there hurting on money or products and had to cut one of there stores to build there money back. but the so cal store is gone for sure try to call there so cal store and see wat happens. i havent done it but if u do let me know wat happend

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valentin » Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 am

mobills wrote:the peolple who said are very credible but the sale to hobbyco could of been that to, not sure like i said it could jus be there hurting on money or products and had to cut one of there stores to build there money back. but the so cal store is gone for sure try to call there so cal store and see wat happens. i havent done it but if u do let me know wat happend

Bro, they're still there. They just no longer deal with the public..all customer service and sales goes through Hobbico/Great Planes. The approach they are taking is very smart business wise. The majority of HPI/HB inventory will be shipped straight to Great Planes/Hobbico, while HPI/HB USA manages the money as well as whatever is actually manufactured here (like the shells for example) and operate mainly as R&D and Marketing. I think you're overreacting. :lol:

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 pm

look brah like i said once again thats wat i was told i never said any thing overreacted so u can calm down with all that tuff talk admin or not i give two sh**s what you u know or thank im only the messenger and wanted feed back on what people thought or what they knew so whos overeacting about the subject so i think u should go to the bath room and untangle ur panties ur makin a fool out of ur self :lol: |O| :wave:

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valentin » Mon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm

mobills wrote:look brah like i said once again thats wat i was told i never said any thing overreacted so u can calm down with all that tuff talk admin or not i give two sh**s what you u know or thank im only the messenger and wanted feed back on what people thought or what they knew so whos overeacting about the subject so i think u should go to the bath room and untangle ur panties ur makin a fool out of ur self :lol: |O| :wave:

There was never any tough talk brother. Now as for the part where I stated that I thought that you were "overreacting", it was never meant to offend you as it was merely a small joke that now I can see was uncalled for. I sometimes can come across as an a** because of some of the things that I say (or type) so I'm sorry for that. I don't think the fact that I'm an admin gives me any more knowledge or power over anyone..there are lot's of smart individuals here and in this hobby that will know much more than I do. I was just trying to inform. :up:

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Tue May 21, 2013 6:06 am

ok well i appologize too i jus was upset about the overeacting part but yeah my bad

chiefy707
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA03F Pro DSpec, MST XXX-D VIP

Postby chiefy707 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 pm

So basically HPI USA fucked themselves in the a** by trying to be another Traxxas so they had to downsize and it led to this.
TA03F Pro DSpec MST XXX-D VIP
SF Giants 2012 WS Champs! SF 49ers SJ Sharks

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:57 am

Well they posted a statement saying that there not going out of business but all there business will be through hobby co like valentine said but I guess the rumor was big enough to make them have to state it

chiefy707
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA03F Pro DSpec, MST XXX-D VIP

Postby chiefy707 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:05 am

Don't trip Mobilis I'm just bitching. I used to really like HPI when they were more like Tamiya and Kyosho. They had detailed kits you can assemble. Now they have nothing but idiot proof RTR's. lol.
TA03F Pro DSpec MST XXX-D VIP
SF Giants 2012 WS Champs! SF 49ers SJ Sharks

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby mobills » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 am

Yeah I feel u. they jus don't want to be part of the drift scene,they don't try to be innovative when it comes to drifting. But they can come up whith hella stuff for crawling etc. one day they'll get the big pic that drifting is growing. When the new fast furious 7 drops (because there going back to Tokyo) then they'll start pumping out drift products because it will be a big trend jus like in 07 when drifting blew up in the u.s

tamiya
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA01/2/3/4/5/6, TBeIII/IV/5, TB03, ProD...

Postby tamiya » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Not the first time THE ROT SETS IN when you outsource your manufacturing to Asia when the USD is strong,
then when USD devalues again you gain nothing but have lost all your skilled labour.

Return to “General Discussion”