Drifters Devil

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Tamiya tt01 Drift

Drifters Devil

Postby drifter_0089 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 pm

so Thursday last week i bought my devil from R2Hobbies paid for Thursday with ems and was sent the same day, to my surprise it got here today! was expecting tomorrow but hey no complaints here!

i bought the pre built version as i not that good at building cars and for the extra $10 i figured why not.

cars built pretty well apart from a little surface rust on the cvd shafts...not happy about that.
so Ive put it all together with my 9t ezrun combo for the time being till i get a sensored combo.

now i have a few questions, the car feels a little tight? like when i run the car give it a little throttle then let the gas off the rear wheels lock up, is that right? might be cos im going from shaft to belt but it still slides ok!
next is the front toe, should it be out as far as it is? (refer to pics) just curious, any tips would be great!
just had a closer look over the car and it seems like theres a bit of surface rust on my cvds/drive shafts and a few screws aswell just emailed r2 about this!

cheers drifter.

out of the box:

toe problems, and not my foot lol:

any tips im all ears, im trying to find a problem..when on throttle the car drives pretty good but as soon as i let off the throttle the cars rear wheels instantly lock up....weird.. maybe belts too tight? or could it just be from being FM? car has one way front and locked rear.

vimal
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: R31 RWD - OTA R31RS - TB EVO 5

Re: Drifters Devil

Postby vimal » Tue May 21, 2013 11:16 am

Budy the first thing you NEED to do is get Broadtech or StreetJam R31 CVDs, the R2Hobbies CVDs are going to break after the first few laps

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 pm

yeah i have them in my basket waiting to get paid to get them!

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

vimal
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: R31 RWD - OTA R31RS - TB EVO 5

Postby vimal » Thu May 23, 2013 11:01 pm

drifter_0089 wrote:these the ones u ment?

http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/shop/ ... ?id=R31-15

Yip :up:

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 pm

im lucky! i bought a few r31 parts that are gold alloy off a guy and he gave me a pair for free ;) will post pics soon of the parts!

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 am

from this:

to this:

So first run on the track with the car, was very taily and didnt feel like it had that much CS. then someone mentioned i should move the battery tray back, did so and it felt ALOT better but still doesnt have as much cs as i wished it hd a higher ratio but that will come with time, going to put a couple of little weights on the rear annd go from there, but as it is, i like it alot!

struja
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: OTA-R31 with cs 1.6

Postby struja » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi I see that you use ez run fitter and motor so I wonder whether you moro extend the power wires between the motor and regulator,
thanks in advance

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:53 am

nope, all wires are stock as!

rek_one
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: TEH R31

Postby rek_one » Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 am

The first thing that I would have done would be to rebuild the entire kit. Because when I bought the Teh R31 I did notice that most of the parts needed to be shaved or modified due to fitment. I understand that you are new to building kits, but with these ones you'll need to verify all fitment for yourself. All arms without the shocks on should fall easily. Rebuild all of the CVD's with anti wear grease. Grease the diff cups as well. Make sure everything runs smoothly. Test every part of the car to confirm that all parts are free and not rubbing. Use the directions via the internet. Also look up more brand name manufactures instructions. This will help you to build the car properly and make it solid. Also look at forums to see what parts are the most common to fail. Learn from others mistakes. It took me 2 weeks to build my kit and countless hours of research. WELCOME TO THE HOBBY |O| . Get a setup station for your car. A cheap one like integy is good enough. I would use someone else's setup and drift with that for awhile until your comfortable with the car. Then change it because by then you would have figured out what you would like the car to do. As for the CS I did notice that these front motor kits have a lot of rear grip out of the box. I don't know what the CS ratio is but 2.0 or higher CS ratio is perfect for these chassis. Good luck :up: :up: :D

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:42 pm

thanks bud, yeah i didnt get it out of the box and drive it, pulled all cvds out made sure they are ok aswell as making sure nothing is binding, car semms very smooth, tho im looking at getting another cs car...hoping to get a D3 as ive found a kit for $78 that i would like to buy and slowly build up :)

rek_one
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: TEH R31

Postby rek_one » Sun May 26, 2013 11:41 am

Do it. for that price you cant go wrong. Out of the box it has aa high cs ratio.

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:55 pm

yeah, i realy only wanna get it to build it, ill build it then most likley sell it off haha

Dobby97
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Hpi sprint 2 1.44cs --Devil drift 1.44cs--Tc4

Postby Dobby97 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

hey bud we have a devil drift page going here already check in the general topics!

not that you cant make your own, just thougfht it may help you

yes you have to much toe

these kits are actually pretty good
only cplaints ive herd are the cvd
no messed up parts or parts not fiting

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 am

yeah, im an active poster in the thread, this was just for my chassis and what i do to it lol

Dobby97
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Dobby97 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 am

Lol yea I was just making sure you knew so maybe you can get info / share info there incase someone haven't seen this post!
I'm really diggin the gold btw!

Sw1tch_oN
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TA05

Postby Sw1tch_oN » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Those gold bits looks super awesome on this car.

Btw, do you know of any other parts from the R31-FM that works on this car?
Thought you might have some info.
THanx dude, keep them updates coming!

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 am

i think most parts fit, and i cant do anymore updates as i have move this car on to a new owner and am about to purchase a better car ;)

Sw1tch_oN
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TA05

Postby Sw1tch_oN » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:18 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO :o
I was hoping this car would get a great following.
All I really want to know for sure, is what diffs work on this car. And what parts from what cars will work for the centre pulley setups of the Devil Drift. I want to take mine up to 150% CS. Here in SA where I live the guys was very reluctant to start going CS. But since I got my devildrift, there have been 4 other guys who decided to try their hand at CS and one guy is even trying out RWD.

drifter_0089
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby drifter_0089 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 am

i loved the car just wanted to upgrade, the ota-r31 parts fit the center, the street jam pulleys. they were what i was about to buy. also i ran front one way and solid rear, worked awesome just make sure to move your batttery all the way bacl and maybe add some weight to the rear, slides heaps better!

Dobby97
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Dobby97 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 pm

The only 16fm parts know to fit are the suspension. It's r31 so it fits any r31 arms hubs all te suspension and steering rack.
This chassis is a copy of the active hobby FR conversion. Uses some ta06 parts like bulkheads and others. Check that kit out and you can see how it exactly resinous it. 16fm motor mount doesent even look the same.
The o my thing about the active FR kit is that since its made from ta06 and r31, it uses the gear drive in the front wich goes in the back of the the ta06. But a lot of people swap that out for a pulley drive so it looks identified to the devil after words. And you will have to make a front tensioner if you use the active motor mount do to the fact that a gear drive doesent have a belt there isn't a slot for it like the devil.
Hope that all made since lol but it you check out that Miranda do a little research on it you will see what I mean!

Return to “General Discussion”