sanwa/spektrum bind

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Yokomo mr-4tc, DIB, DRB

sanwa/spektrum bind

Postby gerakatom » Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 am

anybody know if a spektrun dx3r will bind to this sanwa reciever?

http://www.rcmart.com/sanwa-rx451r-24gh ... 30852.html

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Re: sanwa/spektrum bind

Postby valentin » Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am

No they are not compatible. Typically with 2.4ghz systems you have to use the same brand and even then not all receivers from that brand are compatible with all transmitters due to different types of technology/signal. For example, you cannot bind an airtronics transmitter made for "land" to a receiver designed for "air". Some brands like Spectrum and Airtronics even have multiple generations of the "spectrum" technology that they use. For example, Airtronics currently offers FHSS-2 and FHSS-3 (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum, the number stands for generation 2 or 3). Radios that are capable of FHSS-3 are backwards compatible to FHSS-2 receivers but the transmitters that are limited to FHSS-2 cannot use FHSS-3 receivers due to technology advancement in FHSS-3. This same concept can be applied to the spectrum brand. I think they have multiple generations of their spectrum technology as well.

I hope that makes sense. :lol: :up:

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

lol no, dosnt really make sense but it answered my question so its all good. thanks again. you always have the answers.

Stalwart
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: Yokomo SD

Postby Stalwart » Wed May 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Microwave oven and your Spektrum DX3R work on same frequency, but it doesn't make them compatible. Does THAT make sense?

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Sat May 25, 2013 1:57 am

hmmm. anybody have experience with the micro recievers? im eyeballing the spektrum sr3500. wondering if its gonna be like the sr3100's, but smaller, or if theres a catch, or something i dont know. im assuming theyre compatible with all 2.4 spektrum transmitters atm. i havnt researched that yet.

valentin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drift Chassis: D-Like Re-R

Postby valentin » Sat May 25, 2013 8:10 am

gerakatom wrote:hmmm. anybody have experience with the micro recievers? im eyeballing the spektrum sr3500. wondering if its gonna be like the sr3100's, but smaller, or if theres a catch, or something i dont know. im assuming theyre compatible with all 2.4 spektrum transmitters atm. i havnt researched that yet.

I had a few of those when I had my KO Propo Ex-10 Helios with spektrum module. A lot of individuals said that it wouldn't work with my dsm1 module (grey module) but it did. Basically you just don't have a bind button any longer and have to actually plug in a "bind plug" that connects the sensor wire to the negative to put the receiver in bind mode. they're really trick receivers since they're so small.

i'd say go for it.

gerakatom
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby gerakatom » Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 am

bitchin. i went for it. i think im gonna be real happy with my choice. a huge plus to this is the space on the dib is a bit limited and a regular size reciever would hang off a bit so this will be protected a bit more also.

Return to “General Discussion”