Sprint 2 2.48 CS Setup

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
mitchponton
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Sakura D3 CF and Alum, HPI S2 FMC

Sprint 2 2.48 CS Setup

Postby mitchponton » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 am

I thought I would share my Sprint 2 2.48 CS Setup

So I did the front Motor swap on the chassis by turning the chassis plate around and then flipping the motor and pulley plates from left to right. Then came the diffs. I put a front one way with wide angle CVD's and took a ball diff apart and used the parts in the rear to make a locked rear axle. So now for the pulleys. The original specs front to rear were 32/15/15/32 and now I'm running a 39/12/20/27 which gives it a 2.48 CS Ratio. Just takes some getting used but it really is insane to drift. I also have the ability to put any of those gears back in to take the CS ratio down. The 39 tooth just needed to be drilled out in the center to put it on the front one-way and the bottom of the chassis needed a space cut out to let the 39 tooth and the belt fit. The 27 tooth was from Hot Bodies and just needed to be ground down on one side and the ball diff got the same treatment. So with those all fit the 20 tooth and the 12 tooth were easy to fit on the center shaft. Next to go was the steering whcih was alot of custom work, drilling, dremeling, and bending. But I achieved a much greated steering throw so thats good. I also mounted the battery in a different fashion. When all said it done its actually a pretty good chassis.

Here are the pictures

Vag
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Enroute Ver 2 Red Limited Edition

Re: Sprint 2 2.48 CS Setup

Postby Vag » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Its good for Sprint 2, that was my first chassis but in future i think you would like to have more modern model=)
Go ahead - never look back ! ! !

mitchponton
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby mitchponton » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 am

I already bought the Sakura D3. This was just for fun and to see how far the Sprint 2 could be pushed. I enjoyed modding this chassis and seeing what came of it. I'm also working on a custom little project that I don't think anyone has seen yet.

YBLegal
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: HPI Sprint 2

Postby YBLegal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Did you use stock belts?

mitchponton
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby mitchponton » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:33 am

YBLegal wrote:Did you use stock belts?

For the longer belt which is now my rear belt yes. The front belt no I had to use a belt that was designed for a TA06. If you have any questions about it at all please let me know and I can try to answer and help out as much as I can.

Return to “General Discussion”