Which chassis?

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: pro 4

Which chassis?

Postby Mr-drift » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 am

My question to all of you is... what chassis is the most counter steer friendly? in terms of ease of getting heaps of steering angle, low ankerman, and ease of getting the gearing right for CS. I was thinking on getting the cyclone tc. any thoughts. also money is not really an issue.. well thats a lie, it should not be over 400 dollars for a chassis. preferably around 350

-thanks-

oski83
CSJ VIP
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DP CS/ Yokomo LCG

Re: Which chassis?

Postby oski83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 am

Yokomo has been releasing lots of CS parts lately since they have been CS-ing in Japan for a few years now. Lots of memners also use HPI chassis but not sure if they make chassis-specific parts for CS...you'd most likely have to mod other chassis parts into 1 altho I might be wrong.

Valentin uses HPI and so do a few Team Arai guys....let them chime in as well

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05ERxCCCS

Postby Calzone » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:10 am

Yokomo or a Tamiya TRF415 or sth. Yokomo is the easiest brand to make CS ready, but if you don't like Yokomo you could always take the TRF415, the ackermann mod is easy on it atleast :P

Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Mr-drift » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 am

Hmmm... well since nobody has mentioned the cyclone im guessing its out of the running. i will look into the 415 and yokomo's new drifter.. the only problem i have with yokomo is that parts are hard to come by

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 am

Katsumi who is a mod here can get any part from Yokomo himself for you...or Genki dori dori on-line store too...then there's half a dozen other on-line stores too...

tokeyo83
Banned and Dumb
Drift Chassis: HB Cyclone TC-H / Yokomo MR4-TC DP (WIP)

Postby tokeyo83 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 pm

I run cyclone s. There are no cs specific parts for it, but being belt driven it was kinda easy to mod.
"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Mr-drift » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Im not worried so much about the gearing aspect of it, im more worried about getting insane :evil: (but i could settle for good) stering angle withoug binding and junk. my choices are the yokomo max d, the cyclone tc.. or perhaps the tc-d if i could find one for a reasonable price. out of those what would be the "smarter" choice?

-thanks-

Z-HiDE
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: MR4TC-SD, Cyclone TC

Postby Z-HiDE » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:14 pm

D Max would be less trouble to go counter-steer and weight distribution is good. All you have to do to counter-steer is play with the slipper clutch adjustment, only bad thing is it uses saddle packs while most of us use stick packs. As far as I know, Its quite hard to mod the TC-D cos of the unique belts unless maybe you try the belts by square. Weight distribution is good and has the advantage of using stick packs instead of saddles. Cyclone TC is quite easy to mod as many have tried and tutorials should be easy to come by. Not as good weight distribution wise but that can be fixed with some weights. My only gripe is that the completed mod rarely looks clean. My TA05 has a clean mod for up to 1.833 gear ratio but the ackermann mod is rather troublesome...
<Student On A Budget>
[HP : 83448625]~[E-Mail : [email protected]]
|Cyclone TC-S 1.78CS|Nosram 7.5R|ZTW 60A|
|MR 4TC-SD CM 1.5CS|Team Powers 10.5R|Novak XBR 120A|
|Sparrowhawk DX|MOTOR|ESC|

Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Mr-drift » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am

alright.. i have narrowed it down to the cyclone tc and tc-d. the d max is too much with the clutch and saddle pack (because i have other cars that us stick type and i dont want to but a new set of batteries)
on the tc-d.. all the videos i have seen have been counter steer tc-d's sooo im not sure if your wrong or if the people that have them are just insane modders.

most likely i will get the cyclone tc. also where can you find a tc-d? or are they not out in the US yet

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am

surprised youd start with chassis that you would have to modd since there's no avail. off-the-shelf parts for them...

you ever think of a Regular Yokomo Drift Package that has avail. parts made specifically for Countersteer? They are even coming out with a new Drift Package PLUS in april!

Z-HiDE
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: MR4TC-SD, Cyclone TC

Postby Z-HiDE » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

For the TC-D you might be looking at these parts
http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/ ... 20a&page=3
I started with a car that has no CS specific parts... Depends on availability. The CS parts for Yokomo cost $70 here :wtf:
<Student On A Budget>
[HP : 83448625]~[E-Mail : [email protected]]
|Cyclone TC-S 1.78CS|Nosram 7.5R|ZTW 60A|
|MR 4TC-SD CM 1.5CS|Team Powers 10.5R|Novak XBR 120A|
|Sparrowhawk DX|MOTOR|ESC|

Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Mr-drift » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:58 pm

well my reasoning for getting the tc and so forth is that if i get a drift package i well need a butt load of other mods to get it on par with a tc (suspension, getting the cf chassis, sway bar upgrade, spools and one ways) for all that i will be paying a lot more than if i just went with a tc.. also modding the gears for the tc is no harder that installing the cs mods that yokomo has come out with for their cars. maybe a little more time consuming but not harder.

if i was to get a yokomo i would get a drift master

oski83
CSJ VIP

Postby oski83 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I guess if you're looking for Bling factor than of course, an entry level DP cant compare to a TC

btw, dp comes with solid spools (x2) front and rear. Go look at Katsumi set up sheets. he has taken basic dp and cs modded them with only a couple things

Mr-drift
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby Mr-drift » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 pm

"it dont mean a thing if it aint got that bling"
but seriously, i see where your all coming from. All the LHS near me carry all the parts i would need to cs a cyclone and stuff but on another note it is not that hard to order stuff online.. like if i got the drift package, plus i could spend the money that i save on other stuff that i need to get the ball rolling on my drifting carrear. i guess im going to have to bite the bullet and make a choice. whatever chassis i get i will deff be posting up the build etc. thanks for all the advice everyone

Return to “General Discussion”