Eagle Racing TA05 51 degrees parallel steering

Post all of your steering modifications to get more angle and to fix ackerman on your chassis.
Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05ERxCCCS

Eagle Racing TA05 51 degrees parallel steering

Postby Calzone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Parts used:
- DRB knuckles
- modded OTA-R steeringcranks
- Aluminum L-profile 20x20mm

Pics:
Alright, it's not 100% sure it will work like this in real too, but this 3D model has been made with the exact same measurements as on my chassis, so it should be. I'm gonna find out quick enough though.
Here it is 0:
51 :twisted: :
Slight toe out has been calculated into the model:
It works!
The drawing for the ackerman brace(for if anyone likes to try):
As can been seen is the turnbuckle of the inner wheel parallel to the upper suspension arm mount. This is the maximum lock i could get without wheel wobble. Seen as i can only run 45 degrees i'm pretty much save :)

Model Includes:
- 10 degrees caster
- 3 degrees camber
- DRB knuckles
- Modded OTA-R steeringcrank

Davis
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA06 D-Spec & R-OTA R31

Re: Eagle Racing TA05 51 degrees parallel steering

Postby Davis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:19 pm

That looks very promising. |O| - I am running the combination of R31 steering and DRB knuckles as well on my OTA and it works great.

The only thing that could still happen is that some parts of the bulkheads or the dampers are in the way for full 51° steering. ... Will we see that steering on the track for the first round of the dutch D1/10 in Made?

Calzone
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05ERxCCCS

Re: Eagle Racing TA05 51 degrees parallel steering

Postby Calzone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am

Not the 51 degrees at least, because with the TA05 lower arms the dampers won't let me reach more the 45 :( Atleast not with 5mm offset. Still need to grab a set with 7mm offset, but i only need 2 wheels, because 4mm is the max on the rear :lol: This brace should be finished before round 1 atleast, and then i need to find a setup that makes me need this amount of lock :) After round 1 there is a high chance i'm getting myself some OTA lower arms :)

Return to “Steering”