TT-01 Staszek Dorifto Factory (SDF)

Post all of your steering modifications to get more angle and to fix ackerman on your chassis.
rudeboy03
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: tt01ed

Re: TT-01 Staszek Dorifto Factory (SDF)

Postby rudeboy03 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Eagle racing has developed a new front one way specific for our eagle drift conversion chassis |O| . its product #3711P6. its suppose to make amp consumption less and reduce drivetrain stress . I cant find where to buy it though. this may be the answer to my stiff drivetrain problem. i already destroyed (stripped) the active hobby 1.44 sc gears |:-| . Some good news is that they now sell replacement gears for the Active cs kit, :up: so its ok

tokeyo83
Banned and Dumb
Drift Chassis: HB Cyclone TC-H / Yokomo MR4-TC DP (WIP)

Postby tokeyo83 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 am

rudeboy03 wrote:Eagle racing has developed a new front one way specific for our eagle drift conversion chassis |O| . its product #3711P6. its suppose to make amp consumption less and reduce drivetrain stress . I cant find where to buy it though. this may be the answer to my stiff drivetrain problem. i already destroyed (stripped) the active hobby 1.44 sc gears |:-| . Some good news is that they now sell replacement gears for the Active cs kit, :up: so its ok

stripping gears :( maybe check your mesh. i remember a couple team member ran the dp active gear and were stripping them too.
"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

Staszek
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: SDF

Postby Staszek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:44 am

hmm i know about replacment gears for yokomo, no for tt-01 i missed smth :D??
Check us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ILLEGALD

Staszek
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby Staszek » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 am

najs ;D i hope they will make other CS Set to :D

rudeboy03
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby rudeboy03 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 am

OK. so after stripping three cs gears, i have come to the conclusion that the active hobby cs gears are trash. I installed three times the countersteer gear to line up the mesh. The shim spacing was changed until the best mesh was achieved. it ran perfectly for about 2 hours (no grinding). then suddenly the alltoo familiar GRIND came. i stopped immediately and took the rear diff apart. after inspecting the gears, i saw that 2 bevel gear teeth had shattered into small pieces of plastic. wear on the other teeth were minimal. this is the 3rd bevel gear to shatter. the first gear wasnt aligned correctly and became worn down. The 2nd and 3rd cs bevel gear both were shimmed correctly but still got damaged. You have the same chassis so if there is something you can help with, it would be great. i was drifting on carpet so it is not that the surface was too rough.

This is very dissapointing. i have spent over 70$ US on replacement cs gears and no matter how well the mesh/shim setting is, the bevel geasr still shatters teeth. im beginning to think that the Active CS set is too brittle and shatters to easily. is your cs gears still runnig strong? also i put in the reverse oneway for our chassis (3711p6). any advice would be appreciated as i am about to give up on this tt01 cs build. i did underdrive the front using 13tooth bevel. before the cs gear broke, the cs was 1.66. i left the front 13t bevel in but i really want to try cs again. thanks

Staszek
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby Staszek » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm

hmm i have no problems with mine CS gear set xD now i had problems with mine pinion that was moving to the front xD hmm i specialy left some float on the shaft to keep it ffree not so tight. because your shaft can be to tight and moving your bevel gear. i bought new 3 racing bevel gear shaft's to stop mine 11t bevel moving what causes moving pinion, and used pinion adapter from tb evo xD i'm a bit crazy xD i have now original Tamiya one way which have much stronger gears than 3 racing. i rly dont know what to say to help you :)

soz for mine english
and best regards :)

Dr.Fate
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: GPX-R, R31ML, OTA-ZEON & RWD D.D.C.

Postby Dr.Fate » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 am

Hey I'm getting this! few questions
1. I plan on going with as many Tamiya options as I can with thing! one way, arms, and if they had one, a CS kit! For the most part I'm going to leave this thing stock (Stock motor esc etc..) will that be a problem?
2. does anyone else make a CS gear for the the TT01?
Thanks,
Dr.Fate

rudeboy03
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby rudeboy03 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am

I believe that active hobby is the only company producing CS kits for the tt01. However Staszek has found that we can use an 11t bevel gear to underdrive the front |O| .

"3)With one way i have still little bit problems Because im using M-03 Swing shafts, even with lot's of spacers i have a bit floats. But mine 11t Gear from Stormracer is metal so if one way gears will bash il buy new one on rcmart for 2$ xD For now mine one way gear isnt in bad condition still working and thats the most important thing"

i just recently installed this 11t bevel gear a few days ago and must say that although i have not test run yet, it Feels very promising :up:

if your going for the eagle graphite conversion, you could go factory or aftermarket for parts, both work pretty well in the eagle chassis.

as far as you running a stock motor/esc w/ CS gears, it should not be a problem so long as you run 61t spur/19t pinion. BUT IM NO EXPERT ON GEARING so i dont know for sure. Im just going by personal experience. hope this helps.

Staszek
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby Staszek » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 am

Some up:
Active Hobby 55* cup :)
waiting for tamiya 42mm axle
And i think its maximum angle for me :)

Regards

raspberri
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TT-TT-01E

Postby raspberri » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:00 pm

hello..

i found this thread very interisting, and also for now i setup your modification on my TT-01
i have CS 1.36 and this steering modification, only i change to alumunium yeah racing knuckle, and 3racing front one way, with 39mm tamiya unversal shaft
the steering angle is very improved a lot, but i have this problem that when i do cornering with maximum steering the front wheels is woble, shaking, extremely,
and ruin my driving line..
you can see and hear the sound of the shaking clearly when i do drifting
i tried to add more chamber but the steering angle decrease, and it happen again, it's like you roling round tire and the tire hits some small rock

i want to ask if maybe you have any tips/sugestion to solve or minimize this problem, or this is just happen to any TT-01chasis and can't do anything about it...??
because this my first kit, and so i am new to CS driving, even to RC (i'm just started), i still have hope and i want do more and better with this kit.. that TT-01 can do drifting.... :lol:
all my friend already suggest to have streetjam OTA r31.... :lol:

thanks before..

inked
What's CS?
What's CS?
Drift Chassis: Yokomo DP(Type B) CS 1.8; TT01 Eagle GRT v2 CS1.44

Postby inked » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey what up! I was hoping someone might have some insight concerning my Eagle Racing TT01(GRT v2); mainly the proper way to install Eagle's reverse front one way. I just buttoned up the chassis &it's painfully obvious the one way is in backwards. My front wheels will not go forward, only reverse.lol before I "flip" the one way to the opposite side, I figured I would ask:
-why do the instruction(illustrations only obviously) make it a point to show which sides the gears go on in each gearbox? Odd illustration to show differences yet same side gearing in both!?
-if I "flip" the front must I then "flip" the back(workin fine)?

Any suggestions where to get a 11T bevel gear?
Thanks,
One love

Staszek
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby Staszek » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm

raspberri wrote:hello..

i found this thread very interisting, and also for now i setup your modification on my TT-01
i have CS 1.36 and this steering modification, only i change to alumunium yeah racing knuckle, and 3racing front one way, with 39mm tamiya unversal shaft
the steering angle is very improved a lot, but i have this problem that when i do cornering with maximum steering the front wheels is woble, shaking, extremely,
and ruin my driving line..
you can see and hear the sound of the shaking clearly when i do drifting
i tried to add more chamber but the steering angle decrease, and it happen again, it's like you roling round tire and the tire hits some small rock

i want to ask if maybe you have any tips/sugestion to solve or minimize this problem, or this is just happen to any TT-01chasis and can't do anything about it...??
because this my first kit, and so i am new to CS driving, even to RC (i'm just started), i still have hope and i want do more and better with this kit.. that TT-01 can do drifting.... :lol:
all my friend already suggest to have streetjam OTA r31.... :lol:

thanks before..

u have to file a bit your dog bones :) because probably they have not enough angle.

inked wrote:Hey what up! I was hoping someone might have some insight concerning my Eagle Racing TT01(GRT v2); mainly the proper way to install Eagle's reverse front one way. I just buttoned up the chassis &it's painfully obvious the one way is in backwards. My front wheels will not go forward, only reverse.lol before I "flip" the one way to the opposite side, I figured I would ask:
-why do the instruction(illustrations only obviously) make it a point to show which sides the gears go on in each gearbox? Odd illustration to show differences yet same side gearing in both!?
-if I "flip" the front must I then "flip" the back(workin fine)?

Any suggestions where to get a 11T bevel gear?
Thanks,
One love

you mean you have normal one way and need reverse? if you have normal one way set it in. and change your rear solid axle to other side also :) change your engine rotation by programator and it should be good :)

inked
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby inked » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

No I have eagle racing SP 3711p6 -reverse front one way specific for GRT v2 chAssis.

inked
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby inked » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 pm

you mean you have normal one way and need reverse? if you have normal one way set it in. and change your rear solid axle to other side also :) change your engine rotation by programator and it should be good :)[/quote]

I'm running a brush motor(13T) with Yokomo drift esc btw. Isn't the motor designed to go more(forward) one way than the other?
Front one way:
With wheels off ground(chassis on stand); should the front wheels freewheel forward & lock when try to spin in reverse? Or opposite?

ER reverse fow:
switched it(same side of chassis as solid ring gear). Wheels lock in Reverse & freewheel in Foward.

Will the front wheels act differently if touching the ground?idk & I don't want to bind anything up by trying. Thanks

jaxbchbum
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Tamiya TT01D

Postby jaxbchbum » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 am

I'm running a 3racing front one way in my ER chassis.. You can reverse the motor direction on almost any esc/motor setup just by swapping two of the wires.. That'll make the motor run in reverse direction and allows you to use any front one way other than the ER specific one..

inked
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby inked » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 am

jaxbchbum wrote:I'm running a 3racing front one way in my ER chassis.. You can reverse the motor direction on almost any esc/motor setup just by swapping two of the wires.. That'll make the motor run in reverse direction and allows you to use any front one way other than the ER specific one..

Yes I know but this specific FOW is a "reverse" FOW specially designed for only ER's GRT v2. I was thrown off by the reverse part. I failed pre-k Japanese so....
& thanks for motor info. I knew I could swap wires & reverse it. & the either direction makes complete sense:
Different chassises === different motor positions === DUH
lol. Thanks dude

rudeboy03
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby rudeboy03 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 pm

inked wrote:
jaxbchbum wrote:I'm running a 3racing front one way in my ER chassis.. You can reverse the motor direction on almost any esc/motor setup just by swapping two of the wires.. That'll make the motor run in reverse direction and allows you to use any front one way other than the ER specific one..

Yes I know but this specific FOW is a "reverse" FOW specially designed for only ER's GRT v2. I was thrown off by the reverse part. I failed pre-k Japanese so....
& thanks for motor info. I knew I could swap wires & reverse it. & the either direction makes complete sense:
lol. Thanks dude

When installing the ER 3711p6 reverse FOW, reverse the orientation of the front differential like the instructions say. The rear spool must also be flipped. Doing this ensure that the reverse front oneway operates correctly and both wheels spin in the same direction. you should have more power forward than reverse so play with your motor rotation like Staszek stated earlier. ive been running mines for over a year with no issues. :up:

inked
What's CS?
What's CS?

Postby inked » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

rudeboy03 wrote:
inked wrote:

lol. Thanks dude

When installing the ER 3711p6 reverse FOW, reverse the orientation of the front differential like the instructions say. The rear spool must also be flipped. Doing this ensure that the reverse front oneway operates correctly and both wheels spin in the same direction. you should have more power forward than reverse so play with your motor rotation like Staszek stated earlier. ive been running mines for over a year with no issues. :up:

Thanks that's exactly what I needed. How about another question: the turnbuckle from servo arm to steering arm on tt01 GRT v2: how long should it be including ball cups?
I centered servo, attached horn approx 5 degrees toward the front. Rechecked servo was centered. Lined front steering up & attached tb to the ball heads on servo arm & under steering arm.test run: Now it will turn left & recenter, turn right but NOT recenter. The bone from front right universal popped out.
Suggestions? Thanks

Return to “Steering”